Monday, April 12, 2010

Remnants of time

Remnants of time
Deposited on surfaces
Each depicting a thought
Or a memory
I am a collector of natural things
Rocks and stones
Speak to me
And often find their way into
My pocket
And the laundry
Sometimes when I get home
from a particularly observant walk
My arms as well as my pockets
Are full of longings and ideas
That I set out on the table
Or arrange in a bowl
Or display in any number of ways
Out in the garden along the path
Each item holds a connection for me
Perhaps a link to the past
Or a question about the future,
but the best are the ones that come as an idea
that inspires me into creative action
I love to hold these treasures in my hand
To feel the weathered wood,
Or the smooth surface of a rock
Which has been tumbled in the surf
Each treasure has been transformed
Or has the potential to be

No comments: