Thursday, April 29, 2010

I miss my mountain home

I miss my village
High in the mountains
With voices raised in song
Joined by the enlivened creek
Melting snow
And the rush of spring wind through the valley
I miss the constant winter white
Giving way to green and brown
I miss the opening of doors
And the sharing of the wine and bread
I miss the way people would gather in the road
For a few moments of sunshine
Sunbathing on three feet of snow
I miss the rhythm of food and worship
I miss the helping hands
That are always so easy to find
And the joy that is given to
Even the most mundane of tasks
I keep looking for Holden
Out in the world
Of business and Cars
Of shopping, and daily work
It continues to teach me
As I carry it with me every day
One Day I will return once more
To my beloved mountain home
Until then,
I will hold it close in thought and prayer

1 comment:

Gail said...

Beautifully said!